Code. Hackathon. Female. Namics.
We’re coding on September 29!
Step out from your comfort zone and respond to our challenge.
If you are female interested in frontend and backend technologies, take a few seconds and apply for Code. Hackathon. Female. Namics. competition. Benefit from knowledge of our internal experts, meet people from your own branch and win an internship in Namics.
Applications are open till September 23 and the competition will take place on September 29 from 8.30 to 21.00 in our Belgrade office (Bulevar kralja Aleksandra 28).
Fill in the competition form below and be among the participants who’ll join. The rules are simple:
– applicants will be divided into teams of three members;
– Namics will provide mentors;
– teams will have 10 hours to develop a solution to the task;
– teams can use any programming language they want;
– no previous experience is required. You should only bring your laptop;
– the best team wins an internship in Namics;
– the event is free, but the registration is required.
Once you submit this form, you will receive an email confirmation. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules and Regulations
Code. Hackathon. Female. Namics.
This document is related to Code. Hackathon. Female. Namics. competition intended for all females in the Republic of Serbia who are interested in software engineering and it is organized with the aim to strengthen the position of females in STEM. With that in mind, the Participants in this competition will have an opportunity to gain experience in programming and design and they will be mentored by software experts from Namics software agency. Participants will experience team work while delivering a solution to the assignment and will get a feedback from experienced engineers and designers. The best solution will be awarded with internship at Namics.
The competition is free of charge and it will be organized by the leading Swiss software agency Namics. Further information is provided in the follow-up of this document.
- Name and organizer
- Competition Name: Code. Hackathon. Female. Namics. (hereinafter: Competition).
- Competition Organizer: Namics d.o.o. Belgrade (www.namics.com, office: 28 Kralja Aleksandra Boulevard, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia); (hereinafter: Organizer).
2. Date and place provisions
- Competition will be held on September 29, 2018.
- Competition will be held at Namics Belgrade office (address: 28 Kralja Aleksandra Boulevard 28, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia).
- Participants will be informed about the exact time slot of the Competition.
- Organizer has the right to change time and place of the Competition.
- In case of changing time and place, the Organizer must inform the Participants about the changes.
- Participation in the Competition is free of charge.
- Participant must bring laptops in order to participate in the Competition. Organizer doesn’t provide laptops for the Competition.
- Participation in the Competition is not possible without a prior application.
- The right to participate in the Competition have female software engineers (hereinafter: Participant).
- When forming team Organizer will follow these Rules and Regulations:
- Participant applies as individual and Organizer is mixing teams for the Competition.
- Team will consist of 3 (three) members.
- One Participant can be a member of only one team.
- Teams will be working with a software engineers from Namics. (hereinafter: Mentor).
- Mentor isn’t a team member.
- Mentors have a consulting role from the moment of the Assignment announcement.
- Mentors will be present during the whole Competition and will be assisting Participants.
- Application for the Competition will start on July 31, 2018 in 00.00 and will finish on September 23, 2018 in 24.00.
- Application for the Competition will be completed by filling in a form on the link: https://www.namics.com/en/news/2018/female-hackathon/.
- By filling in the form the Participant agrees with the Rules and Regulations.
- Application is valid only in cases of filling in the form completely.
- Organizer will check all applications and will inform all Applicants that their applications have been received. In case the Applicants don’t receive an e-mail in five working days from filling in the application, the Applicants can contact the Organizer via email@example.com.
- Organizer has the right to disqualify any application which is considered to be offensive, inappropriate or in case an Applicant does not follow the rules.
5. Assignment and Solution
- Assignment is a task given to the Participants by the Organizer (hereinafter: Assignment).
- Assignment topics will be announced on the Meetup.
- Solution to the Assignment is every solution developed by the Participant as an answer to the Assignment (hereinafter: Solution).
- Solution can have different forms and it can be determined by the Participant.
- Every Solution developed during the Competition remains in the possession of the Participant. Organizer is obliged not to use any developed Solutions in part or in whole.
- For developing a Solution, the Participants can use the Internet. The Internet can be used as a supporting tool.
- For developing a Solution, the Participants can use the programming language of their will.
- Participant will have 10 (ten) hours to develop a Solution.
- Definition: Meetup will be organized with an aim to familiarize the Participants and Mentors, to form teams in case there are some individuals or incomplete teams and to explain all doubts about the Competition.
- Time: Meetup will be held on September 28, 2018 from 17.30 to 18.30.
- Place: Meetup will be organized in Namics Office (address: 28 Kralja Aleksandra, Boulevard, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia).
- In order to participate in the Competition, the Participant must attend the Meetup.
- In case the Participant doesn’t attend the Meetup, they won’t be able to participate in the Competition. Next best candidate from the base will be invited to participate in the Competition.
- Next candidate will be informed till 20.00 on September 28, 2018.
7. Jury and announcing the winner
- Experts jury (hereinafter: Jury) will rate developed Solutions.
- Experts from Namics software agency will be the members of the Jury. Jury will declare the winner of the Competition.
- Jury will rate the Solutions using rating parameters described in Section 9.
8. Rating parameters
- Only final Solutions will be rated.
- Jury will decide about the winner at its sole direction. The decision cannot be reconsidered, and the Participants and Organizer must accept it as final.
- Jury will decide the winner by a consensus.
- If the consensus isn’t possible, the decision will be made by voting. In case the decision is made by voting, the winner will be the members of the team whose Solution gets the majority of votes.
- Criteria for rating the Solutions are originality and applicability.
- Originality applies to the uniqueness of the Solutions compared to the already existing solutions.
- Applicability applies to how delivered the Solutions can be used for solving the assigned task.
- The award for the winning team will be internship in Namics Belgrade office.
- Organizer has the right to change the awards.
- The awards cannot be to other persons nor they can be exchanged for money.
- Award winners will be known on September 29, 2018 only after the Competition is finished.
- Names and Solution descriptions of the award winners can be used in media communication.
10. Responsibilities of Organizer
- Organizer is obliged not to use in any part, form or for any purpose the Solutions developed by the Participants.
- Organizer is not responsible for the activities of the Participants during the Competition.
- Organizer is not responsible for the accidents, injuries or any property damages of the Participants during the Competition.
- Organizer is obliged to secure food and drink for the Participants during the Competition.
- Organizer is obliged to secure the Internet connection for the Participants during the Competition.
11. Additional information
- For any further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Organizer holds the right to revise or change the Rules and Regulations document either partly or completely.
- Organizer holds the right to suspend, cancel or change the Competition partly or completely in case any technical, commercial, or functional issues emerge.
- In case of suspension, cancellation or change of the Competition, the Organizer is due to timely announce the information on cancellation.
- Participants’ names, surnames and pictures can be use in case of media promotion related to the Competition.
- This Competition is subject to the laws of the Republic of Serbia.
12. General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR)
- With your permission, your data will be collected, processed, and used for the following purposes: communicate with you for contest-related purposes, include your name and picture in media and social media communication if you are a member of the winning team. Data will be kept in the period of six months.
- Your personal data will be collected, processed, and used in the context of the aforementioned objectives in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR).
- The collection, processing, and use of your data take place on a voluntary basis.
- Furthermore, you can revoke your consent at any time without any adverse consequences. Please send any notice of cancellation to: Namics d.o.o.; Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra 28, SRB-Beograd 11000; E-Mail: email@example.com. In the event of cancellation, your data will be deleted upon receipt of your notice.
- Further information on data protection can be found on the homepage: https://www.namics.com/service/datenschutz/.
Namics is the leading Swiss agency for software engineering, founded in 1995 in Saint Gallen. It operates as a joint-stock company owned by 29 partners actively collaborating in Namics. As the leader on digital market, Namics deals with content management systems, web applications development, e-commerce software solutions, digital communications, customer relationship management systems and mobile business solutions development.
Approximately 550 professionals are currently operating Namics’ offices in Saint Gallen, Zurich, Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg and Belgrade. Belgrade office was opened in 2015 with a view to employing around 100 software engineers integrated into international teams by 2019. The most important technologies in which Namics operates are Java, Microsoft .Net, and “front end” technologies, beside the development of mobile applications for IOS and Android.
Among Namics’ clients are ABB, AMAG, Medela, BASF, Swisscom, Daimler, Swiss Life, UBS, Zurich Airport, Sika, etc.
- Jobs@Namics Belgrade