Application Engineer. m/f.
Namics develops business-critical web applications for major customers. Namics is a swiss homed company with branches in Switzerland, Germany and Serbia
Currently, our branch in Serbia only consists of employees with IT development skills. We already offer operation services to customers from our swiss branches, but we intend to build up these services in Serbia too, to be able to offer a larger scale of possibilities to our customers.
Our Service Operation group manages customer applications during business hours and as an on-call service 24/7. Michael, Markus, Capo, Pascal, Christian and the whole Service Operations team are looking for motivated and reliable professionals to collaborate in bringing best possible operation skills to our customers.
In addition to support-, monitoring- and standby duties, our team also carries out tasks regarding the technical planning, implementation and improvement of our services. Our highest priority is to ensure stable operation of the applications our customers need.
We support different operating systems (Windows, various Linux distributions), basic software with customer-specific solutions (Sitecore CMS, Adobe CMS, Hybris Shop-systems) as well as stand-alone solutions based on Java or .Net. We support the knowhow development of our employees in various ways. You can improve your skills in Service Operation in technical tracks like system knowhow regarding different web technologies, operating systems and products, knowhow in the various applications or skills in the area of application engineering, infrastructural consulting or provisioning of applications.
The job in Service Operation contains various aspects. It includes Site Management, which encompasses the following tasks:
- Operating the web applications of our customers.
- Monitoring health and state of the applications.
- Support the setup and configuration of systems and tools necessary for the operational phase.
- Incident management and -handling including regular quality assurance
- Finding technical solutions for problems or coordination of deeper analysis and problem management with other Namics skill groups.
- Technical and organizational support for the launch of new releases (ensuring quality assurance, performing deployments, validating monitoring results and communication with customers).
Tasks regarding standby/on-call services:
- Dispatching and incident management during and outside of the regular office hours due to a timely schedule (on-call/standby duty).
- Reasonable documentation of steps taken for an incident.
- Planned on-call/ standby duty outside of office times.
Collaboration on the management, setup and configuration of internal tools of Service Operation:
- Support of the implementation of projects, e.g. by executing performance tests, security tests and by supporting the setup process of the system environments (DEV, STA, PROD)
- Setup, configuration, upgrades of operational tools of Service Operation (JIRA, PRTG, Graylog, alerting)
You also actively participate in the consultation of our customer’s project teams.
You understand the underlying infrastructure of a customer’s solution. You can work with relevant operating systems and know the respective basic software and the customer’s applications.
You will need:
- University or college degree in computer science or completed apprenticeship as an IT specialist
- Basic knowledge of Windows and/or Linux distributions
- Basic understanding of network- and web technologies (protocols, servers, databases etc.)
- Basic knowledge of .Net and/or Java a plus
- Basic knowledge of a relevant script language (e.g. Powershell, Bash, PHP etc.)
- Experience in the relevant areas regarding operation and monitoring
- Basic knowledge of system architecture regarding security, caching, scalability, performance and reliability
- Very good English skills
- Structured, independent and comprehensible working methods
If we have found your attention, we will be delighted to receive an application containing your skills and the possible date you could join our company.
Don’t waste time and take your chance to join us.
An unexpected error has occurred. Please reload the page and retry. If the error remains please contact firstname.lastname@example.org