Kaufland – Website Relaunch
New web presence focuses on product diversity and local offers
Adobe AEM 6
Technical analysis & solution consulting
User Experience & Design
Setup technichal operation
Trade & consumer goods
With over 650 branches, Kaufland ranks amongst the biggest food retailers in Germany. In addition, Kaufland is represented in six other countries in Central and Eastern Europe. Overall, Kaufland operates over 1.200 branches in Europe. On its website, the company wants to further convince with new, branch-specific offers, with its diverse range of products and with inspiration every week. The dynamic and increasingly digital market environment makes a repositioning of the company necessary.
To ensure a uniform corporate identity beyond all sales channels, Kaufland decided upon a website relaunch and relied on Namics as its implementation partner therefor.
Within the framework of the website relaunch, Namics was responsible for the concept, design, technical implementation and setup of the technical operation. For the project, we chose an agile approach in accordance with Scrum:
- Preparation and prioritization of product properties to implement in concept and design
- Planning of concept and design just-in-time and continuous improvement by closely cooperating with Kaufland
- Technical transfer of data concerning bidding, private label products, recipes and branches from various external systems into AEM 6 as the central content management system (CMS)
- Use of SAP Hybris to transform and to structurally process product data
- Implementation of SOLR to link SAP Hybris and AEM
In October 2016 the new website went live; until the end of 2017 the rollout will follow in six other Central and Eastern European countries. Costumers can now benefit online from the advantages of a branch:
- Clear presentation of the diverse range of products and private label products
- Branch-specific promotional offers, implemented in a holistic company presentation
- Personal login area to manage watch lists
- Inspiration motivated by editorial content such as over 2000 recipes, sweepstakes, and newsletter
Internally, the new website also meets the requirements of Kaufland: the intuitive editorial process ensures high acceptance among authors and the dynamic import allows for simple daily updates of data. Moreover, the CMS AEM 6 guarantees technical expandability.