Oldenburgische Landesbank (OLB) is the largest private regional bank in Germany with a strong regional presence in the northwest of the country. The “OLB 2019” programme for the future is based on comprehensive digitisation. In addition to modernising the website (reference is in German), OLB is also relying on us for the intranet relaunch.
The aim is to offer the approximately 2.300 employees a modern exchange platform that promotes a feedback culture and facilitates internal communication. Old technical systems have to be adapted to the current requirements of the users and the content of the intranet and website has to be linked.
With the aim of exploiting synergy effects between website and intranet relaunch, we choose the following approach:
- Sitecore as technological basis (consistent with Content Management System)
- Agile implementation with constant revision of requirements
- Extensive customer and user surveys, implementation of workshops and use of prototypes
- Introduction of a new information architecture and new rights administration processes
- Implementation of a comprehensive search: Linking the content between website and intranet
- Introduction of content lifecycle management for intranet sites with email notification to content owner after one year
With the new intranet, OLB offers its employees a professional tool for their daily work:
- Fast & flexible: desired information can be easily found and maintained
- Up-to-date: new testing and approval processes ensure actuality and content quality
- Interactive: promotion of dialogue and feedback through rating system (awarding of stars), subscription and comment functions
- Consistent: the uniform design of the website and intranet creates a digital brand world
- Personalized: the homepage based on the favorite content of the product and content pages
With Sitecore as the technical solution, OLB also benefits significantly from synergy effects such as reduced maintenance costs.
More information (in German):