SECO - Long-term success in performance marketing
SEO and SEA with concept: Increased visibility through targeted Search Engine Marketing
The KMU portal of the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO provides information and tools for small and medium-sized enterprises: Practical knowledge, online services for administrative matters, legislative changes and much more.
From May 2015 to July 2017 we implemented measures for SECO to improve the visibility of the platform and increase visitor numbers. The focus was on the relaunch of the portal in February 2016. We are supporting the authority in the digital marketing of the SME portal by creating and managing various performance marketing activities.
In order to achieve SECO’s goals we implement the following measures:
- SEO optimisation: Before and after the relaunch we carry out various onpage and offpage measures to increase visibility with search engines. We also advise SECO conceptually and strategically on all SEO topics (e.g. content guidelines).
- SEA optimisation: We use Google Adwords to achieve our goals. intelliAd enables monitoring and continuous optimization of the campaign.
- Digital marketing: We accompany the relaunch with newsletter marketing and Google Adwords display ads.
We achieve measurable success through targeted performance marketing activities:
- The SEM strategy we launched at an early stage made it possible for us to absorb the negative effects of a relaunch in terms of visibility.
- We achieved constant growth in visitor numbers.
- Increase in the visibility index: After the relaunch, search engine traffic increased by 89 percent within one year (first quarter after relaunch: Feb-April 2016 vs. Feb-April 2017).
- The efficiency of the campaigns can be continuously improved by controlling them with intelliAd.