The Viessmann Group is one of the leading international manufacturers of heating, industrial and cooling systems. Founded in 1917 the family business employs 12.000 people and has 120 sales offices worldwide.
The group of companies faces the challenge that increasing digitisation has an influence on the information and purchasing behaviour of business partners and customers.
In order to be able to react to this change, Namics is commissioned to introduce a new Customer Relationship Management System (CRM). The aim is to focus on the customer. Data is to be turned into information, which in turn can be used to derive processes. The first step on this path is the provision of a 360° customer view, which makes all data, activities and processes for the customer available to the field service and thus enables the efficient cultivation of relationships and the management of business opportunities.
- Introduction of Salesforce as a new central system for CRM: possibility of rapid implementation by selecting standard software. Own developments only when absolutely necessary.
- Mock-ups create an early understanding of the product to be delivered. The first project step was to configure the data model and user interface in Salesforce. The approach allowed all project participants to gain practical experience with the product and – building on this – to specify their own requirements.
- Focusing the project by launching an MVP (Minimal Viable Product). The MVP goes live just three months after the start of the project. This approach enables Viessmann to learn quickly through user feedback.
- An agile approach according to the Scrum method with teams consisting of Viessmann IT Service and Namics employees enables both method and Salesforce know-how to be built up in the course of the project and leads to a significant increase in Sprint Performance.
- Connection of SAP ERP and DWH via interfaces.
- Implementation of the project with the new user interface “Lightning Experience” from Salesforce right from the start.
After only a short time Viessmann employees have a professional platform for managing all customer activities at their disposal. For efficient control of sales processes the field service can flexibly access the mobile customer file, take notes, plan tasks and manage opportunities while on the move.
Further projects with Viessmann (in German)